Tuesday, April 5, 2011

LIFE IS PERFECT!

I never in a million years thought I would ever get to say these words, but now I can...
I am a stay at home mom!!!

Ever since I had three months maternity leave with the twins I have wanted to be at home. Jason and I talked about it several times but it just didn't seem right to give up health insurance and a second income. Then in January, things changed with his work, and it finally made sense for me to stay home with the kids and help him with his paperwork. I gave my notice at work and agreed to work until they found a replacement. Feb 28th was my last day at work. It was a day full of lots of emotion. I was happy to get to stay home, scared to stay home, and sad to leave all of the friendships I made over the last 8 1/2 years.


When I first thought about staying home I got all excited and thought, "I'll run my house like a business. We will be so organized! I will keep my house clean! I'll do laundry during the day! Everything will be perfect!"


Well, I'm sad to report my ideas were good but they are NOT reality. Jason summed it up best last night when he said, "wow, the house is a BIGGER mess now with you home than it ever was when you worked! I guess that is because the kids are here all day messing up our house instead of trashing somebody elses."


It is harder than I thought to clean the same thing over and over and over again. Day after day after day. At least when you work you get a break and get to do something different for a few hours. I started to feel like why clean up the toys when they are just going to get them out again. I thought, "I'll just clean them all up at the end of the day". But then I would get tired or distracted and it didn't happen.


In my defence, I did have about a week where I just felt like CRAP. I blame that on the bad habits setting in. I still get up early and I am recommitting myself to keeping a cleaner house. (notice I said cleaner - I am not promising perfection here.)


I spend about 3-5 hours a day helping Jason with his paperwork. I have loved every minute of being home! Bella seems more confident and Abi has become more clingy. I'm not sure why that is but she seems to think that I am the ONLY one who can do things for her and she throws the biggest temper tantrum whenever Jason or Isaac try to help her. Being at home has allowed me to attend some school things with Isaac and I think he likes having me more available for him.


I am almost scared to say this (don't want to jinx it)...

Right now,


LIFE IS PERFECT!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH for you! I have a lot to say on this...but I will try to sum it up....after being home for almost 8 years now I have to say it is the HARDEST job ever. But the most rewarding. It was a hard adjustment for me when I quit teaching when Pierce was born....it hasn't been easy...but worth it of course!

    ReplyDelete